Member Updates and Info
We will continue to follow the CDC (Center for Disease Control) and our local Health Department's recommendations for wearing face masks. The leadership staff will continue to monitor the CDC website. IF/WHEN there is a change in their recommendations, all staff and members will be notified of any change.
For now we will continue to ask staff and members to wear a mask while at the Y.
Fully Vaccinated Individuals
Individuals who are fully vaccinated will be asked to continue masking while in our facilities until the CDC and our local Health Department changes their recommendations on masking.
Facility Guidelines and Expectations
Updated March 2021
Facility FAQ's effective March 1, 2021
Who has access of the Y?
Facility use will be limited to members age 11 and up (including Nationwide Members); children age 0-10 may access the facility if supervised by an adult member age 16+ if participating in an age-appropriate activity. The Y is not selling day passes at this time.
How do I use the pool?
The Family and Lap Pool are open with capacity limits. Reservations will be needed for lap swim, water walking, current channel, whirlpool and family swim.
The steam room and slide are currently closed.
How do I access the gym?
The gyms are open for basketball with limited times and by reservation only. Members must bring their own basketball. Each reservation has a max capacity of 3 people per hoop and can be made up to 3 days in advance. There are scheduled times for Pickleball and Open Full Court basketball. Please see schedules for more details.
The Family Gym continues to be utilized to offer fitness equipment for seniors and members who are considered higher risk.
Is Child Watch available?
Child Watch is open to members age 6 weeks old to 10 years old. Space and times are limited and available by registration only (online or at the Welcome Center desk), up to 3 days in advance. Temperature checks administered by Y staff will be required for any child using Child Watch.
We have several guidelines that detail the specifics of our safety guidelines by area. Our hope in sharing these guidelines is to earn your confidence that we are proceeding with caution and abiding by all local, state and national health guidelines. The Y is:
- Asking members and staff to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance while in the YMCA.
- Encouraging members and guests to wear a face covering when entering and exiting the facility and when physical distancing is not possible.
- Providing cleaning materials for members to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Offering hand wash and sanitation stations throughout the facility.
- Revising equipment layouts and limiting capacity in various areas to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Implementing increased sanitizing protocols throughout our facilities, including daily breaks for cleaning pool areas and locker rooms.
- Requiring reservations for most areas of the facility.
While the Y is limiting attendance in certain program areas such as lap swimming and basketball, we are not limiting our capacity of individuals allowed in the building.
To help our members and staff better understand how many individuals are currently using our facility at any given time, we have implemented new tools that will allow our members and guests to access the number of individuals using the facility by accessing their ONLINE ACCOUNT. You will need to know your account login information to access the current attendance.
Before you leave home:
- Change into your workout attire.
- Bring your face covering (mask).
- Bring your own workout towel and filled water bottle. Towel service is suspended. Water fountains will only be available for touchless bottle filling.
- If playing racquetball, pickleball or basketball, bring your own equipment.
- Planning your workout ahead of time to avoid the locker room, coming dressed and ready to work out, and planning on showering at home if possible.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing before and after your workout.
- Limiting your workout and time in the facility.