REOPENING INFORMATION FOR PHASE 1
June 1 - 30, 2020
We are ready to welcome you back slowly and safely!
Please note that all members who have placed their membership on hold will resume their regular draft beginning on June 1st. Membership inquires may be sent to Heather Bell, Member Engagement Director.
Review our Membership Changes page for more information.
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We have several new guidelines that detail the specifics of Phase 1 by area. Our hope in sharing these guidelines is to earn your confidence that we are proceeding with caution and abiding by all local, state and national health guidelines. We have been working very hard on our new protocols, revising the layout of our facilities, and increasing our cleaning and sanitizing regimen.
The Y is:
- Asking members and staff to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance while in the YMCA.
- Encouraging members and guests to wear a face covering when entering and exiting the facility and when physical distancing is not possible.
- Providing cleaning materials for members to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Offering hand wash and sanitation stations throughout the facility.
- Revising equipment layouts and limiting capacity in various areas to follow physical distancing guidelines.
- Implementing increased sanitizing protocols throughout our facilities, including daily breaks for cleaning pool areas and locker rooms.
New Facility Guidelines and Expectations
While the Y will be limiting attendance in certain program areas such as lap swimming and group exercise classes during Phase 1 of reopening, we will not be limiting our capacity of individuals allowed in the building.
To help our members and staff better understand how many individuals are currently using our facility at any given time, we have implemented new tools that will allow our members and guests to access the number of individuals using the facility by accessing their ONLINE ACCOUNT. You will need to know your account login information to access the current attendance.
Before you leave home:
- Change into your workout attire.
- Bring your face covering (mask).
- Bring your own workout towel and filled water bottle. Towel service is suspended. Water fountains will only be available for touchless bottle filling.
- If playing racquetball or pickleball, bring your own equipment.
- Planning your workout ahead of time to avoid the locker room, coming dressed and ready to work out, and planning on showering at home if possible.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing before and after your workout.
- Wearing a face covering when physical distancing is not possible.
- Limiting your workout and time in the facility.
FAQs for Phase 1, June 1-30th
Who will have access of the Y during Phase 1?
Facility use will be limited to members age 16 and up (including Nationwide Members) during Phase 1 of reopening. The Y will not be selling day passes or offering the Buddy Program.
Will the pool be open?
The Family and Lap Pool will be open with capacity limits. Reservations will be needed for lap swim and water walking.
The aquatics area will not be available for open swim.
The whirlpool, steam room, slide and current channel will remain closed.
Will the gyms be open?
The Community gym will remain closed to Y members.
The Family gym will not be available for basketball including open gym or adult pick-up games.
The Family Gym will be utilized to offer fitness equipment for seniors and members who are considered higher risk and will have one pickleball court open throughout the day with capacity limits; members are asked to bring their own equipment and are asked to not congregate or linger near the court area.
Will Child Watch be available?
Child Watch will remain closed during Phase 1.
When will you bring back Group Exercise and Water Aerobics classes?
Group (land) exercise classes and water aerobics classes will be available beginning June 15th with limited schedules.
Class sizes will be limited based on a safe capacity of physical distancing. More details will be coming soon.
Will Silver Sneakers (AOA) classes be available?
Active Older Adult/AOA exercise classes and circuit classes will not be available. The Family Gym will be utilized to offer fitness equipment for seniors and members who are considered higher risk.
When will you offer Personal Training and small group training?
We are able to offer Personal Training starting on June 1st and Small Group Training starting on June 15th, with a limited schedule.
Will youth programs and activities be running?
Youth programs will remain suspended (aquatics, progressive gymnastics, preschool, youth sports & activities).
Team and pre-team gymnastics will be made available with restrictions beginning June 15th.