Offered by the Fond du Lac Family YMCA and/or other community partners. All trainings are held at the Fond du Lac Family YMCA.
Lifeguarding Course - Blended Learning
Interested in a great summer job or a challenging career as a professional lifeguard? Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you'll learn teamwork, rescue, and surveillance skills. First Aid and CPR/AED and other skills needed to work as a professional lifeguard.
• Must be 15 or older by the last day of the class
• Swim 300 yards continuously
• Tread water for 2 minutes
• Swim 20 yards, surface dive, retrieve a 10lb brick, swim 20 yards back and exit the water
without using a ladder.
• Need to access email and internet for online elements of the class. Plan to spend 7 hours of online
learning prior to class.
Must attend all 3 classes to obtain certification:
July 20 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
July 21 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
July 22 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Fees: $150 member | $180 community participant - Register online.